Date of publication: 2017-07-09 07:53
Students must complete 65 credits comprising 85 core course credits and 85 free-elective credits. Given its research orientation, the master degree requires a teaching model that combines a practical approach with master classes, which provide the conceptual foundations of business research. Lessons in the computer room are essential in order to master statistical techniques and databases.
6. From one or more departments in the College of Business, or
7. From thesis options that provide 6 credits in an original area of research in lieu of coursework, or
8. Electives as specified in a concentration.
Economics Minor for Non-Business Majors
A minor in Economics shall consist of a minimum of 65 credits in upper-division economics courses. The following courses are required, all with a grade of "C" or better.
6. Hold a master's degree from a regionally accredited institution
7. Score at least 555 on the GMAT or
8. Hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with at least a GPA in the last 65 credits.
Foundation Component and Courses
The Foundation Component introduces the broad field of business administration and the fundamental quantitative techniques used in business analysis.
Business Core Requirements
These are previously listed under the heading Degree Requirements (. and .) and subheading College of Business Core in this section.
* The GMAT or GRE requirement is waived for licensed physicians (MDs, osteopathic physicians, dentists, chiropractic and pediatric physicians and others) who have completed a nationally recognized qualifying examination for admission to post-graduate training.
The MSc in Business Research is a one-year programme which provides students with advanced training in the research skills, techniques and methodologies to conduct their own research in business. The programme can also be taken part-time over two years.
The Sprott MAcc goes beyond the CPA professional requirements by providing students with all four competencies in the accounting field: assurance, tax, finance and performance management. This breadth of knowledge prepares graduates to work in a variety of professional roles.
Find out more about how you can earn a Graduate Certificate in Government Financial Management from Rutgers Business School with just four online classes.
The Finance minor is designed for non-Finance Business majors requiring the Business Core courses. Since part of the requirements include successful completion of the Business Core classes, the minor is usually not practical for General Economics or Health Administration majors. The Finance minor requires the following courses with a grade of "C" or better:
Students with an accounting background will likely receive a waiver for all Accounting Foundation courses. Students without an accounting background or those who did not perform at a satisfactory level in undergraduate courses may have to resolve deficiencies through the Accounting Foundation Component.
MIBE is always reactive and focused on how to adapt its course contents according to the job market needs and on how to open the door to a mutually profitable collaboration between the university and firms/companies.